We are no longer allowed to charge fees to tenants, but there will be a number of costs involved when letting a property.
For lettings we work in partnership with Pentrich Properties Ltd as introductory agents. Any tenancy that is agreed by us for a property we have advertised will be processed in entirety by Pentrich; this includes preparation of tenancy documents, referencing of potential tenants, collection of all monies, and full management where the landlord has selected that option. Once a tenancy has been agreed, subject to contract, Pentrich will take monies from the prospective tenants as follows:
Deposit: 1 month’s rent plus £100.
The deposit will also act as a holding deposit and will be payable in full up front, refundable if the tenancy does not go ahead. (Please note that current legislation dictates that the maximum value of tenancy deposits is five weeks’ rent where the annual rent is under £50,000; this rises to six weeks’ rent in the event the annual rent is £50,000 or more. As you will see Pentrich require a deposit that is well within these parameters).
When the tenancy begins
The first month’s rent (or, sometimes, more than just the first month’s rent if a different arrangement has been agreed) must have been paid with all funds fully cleared before the tenancy can start.
During the tenancy
Payable to Pentrich Properties Ltd:
- Monthly rent to be paid by cleared funds on or before the rent payment day.
- Payment of up to £50.00 incl V.A.T if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3%
- Payment of the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable:
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Haighs are members of Propertymark.
Haighs and Pentrich are members of The Property Ombudsman.
Pentrich are members of Client Money Protect (membership no CMP004973).